House dust is always grey.
Intro: Air pollution has raised a major concern of healthy living among the scientists or researchers. Air pollution is referred to contamination of natural existing state of air in the earth’s atmosphere. Air is the main source through which Oxygen generated by plants travels and we inhale that oxygen through air and contamination of the source of oxygen we breathe has also contaminated the human body from the inside. With oxygen we intake several other known and unknown micro organisms as well which can directly the damage the natural working ability of the human- beings as well as of any other living organism. Air pollution is caused by automobiles, emissions from factories, burning of coal as well and it is making living conditions on earth drastic.
Dust is one of the major components of air pollution whether we are talking about the outside or indoor air environment. Dust is no longer merely just soil particles from outside. There are many harmful particles such as Ground level Ozone, Carbon monoxide, asbestos and many more which indulge in activity to pollute the environment. But one of the main constituent of indoor dust is dead skin cells.
Yes, about 70% of the dust in the house constitutes dead skin cells. If ever you have asked this question to yourself that why dust is always grey? The reason behind the color of the dust being grey is that it contains large quantity of human skin. Dry skin is translucent grey in color. Despite the fact that humans are of different color but still the color dead skin cells of every human is grey because the pigments which are responsible for the color of the skin lies way beneath the layer we shed. We rejuvenate whole of the outer skin layer of our body in four months.
Where there are 70% of constituency of dust involves dead skin cells the remaining 30% involves several various kinds of known and unknown micro-organisms. These dust particles can adversely damage the health of a human being. 30% of the dust includes particles such allergens, bacteria, pollen, and several other gases which can cause severe attacks of asthma and for patients with chronic respiratory problems these components could be rally toxic.
Methods to keep the dust particles in the house to minimum:
Though dead skin cells might be very effective in removing frond level Ozone but still inhalation of dust particles could be really dangerous for every resident and even for guests as well. It is essential that dust should be kept at minimum level for the safety of the individuals and you can consider below mentioned points to reduce the quantity of the dust particles to minimum:
- Install and air purifier.
- Vacuum the carpets and curtains regularly.
- Change the beddings regularly.
- Fix any leakage issues in your house to stop molds to grow in your house.
- Maintain the humidity depending in the environment and surroundings around the house.
- Do not buy products with VOC’s.
- Install proper ventilation systems to retain the quality of the atmosphere in your house.
- Avoid the wearing of shoes inside the outside, but the sleepers for home.
- Beat the cushions, mats etc, outside the house so that dirt remain outside the house.
As per availability of air all around the globe it is not possible to eliminate the dust completely off from the air but with preventive measures we can surely protect our loved from the drastic affects of the air pollutions. Though even the idea of dead skin cells in the air around us look gross and no matter what we want but we cannot drop the natural process of shedding. And with available of more members in house only increases the quantity of presence of dead skin cells inside the house. It is not healthy to intake these harmful components with oxygen as it canreally damage your lungs as well.